Product News: PKWARE® Enhances PKZIP® and SecureZIP® Server with v12.4 Release
As the inventor and continuing innovator of the ZIP standard, PKWARE is dedicated to maintaining its product lines to update product versions, reduce security concerns, and resolve product issues. As such, PKWARE recently released the v12.4 maintenance update of PKZIP and SecureZIP Server Standard and Enterprise Editions on all available server platforms – Windows®, UNIX® (HP-UX®, Solaris®, AIX®), and Linux®.
- Full support for opening and extracting files with the .zipx extension
- Improved retrieval of digital certificates from LDAP providers
- The -lowercase command used in extracting files from archives now has two sub-options:
- archive (default) – indicates only the path information stored in the archive will be made lowercase
- full – indicates all of the extract path will be made lowercase, including the extract to path specified on the command line
Enhancements for PKZIP and SecureZIP for Windows Server v12.4 include:
- Supports operation on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- 64-bit edition for use with 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Added PPMd support for Windows 64-bit systems
“PKWARE is committed to advancing our products,” said Jim Peterson, Chief Scientist for PKWARE. “And maintenance releases are key to ensuring our customers continue to receive value from their investment in PKWARE solutions.”
Free 30-day trial versions for commercial use are offered for download on PKWARE’s Website by clicking here.