SecureZIP Toolkit for Windows®
The SecureZIP Toolkit for Windows includes all the capabilities of the PKZIP® Toolkit for Windows with the addition of strong data security functionality.
The SecureZIP Toolkit for Windows allows Windows applications to leverage Microsoft’s Crypto API , enabling applications to encrypt files using a wide range of industry and government standard symmetric key algorithms including 3DES and AES. Files can be encrypted using either passphrases or X.509-compliant digital certificates, providing the flexibility to work within different security environments. Digital signature capabilities are also available to help ensure file authenticity, integrity, and to support non-repudiation. Additionally, support for LDAP-compliant interfaces allows for the automatic location and retrieval of X.509 certificates for data encryption.
SecureZIP Toolkit for Windows includes a number of enhancements to enable more flexibility and efficiency for applications:
- Filename encryption enables the encryption of filenames and other file meta data to ensure no sensitive information is exposed.
- Support for LDAP-compliant directories allows for automatic retrieval and application of digital certificates for encryption.
- Shred files using DOD 5220 standard, providing an additional level of configurability for organizations that want to ensure that deleted files are not recoverable.
SecureZIP Toolkit for Windows features include:
- All the compression, decompression, and archive management capabilities of the PKZIP Toolkit for Windows.
- Available for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms as dynamic link libraries.
- Create self-extracting ZIP files that allow files to be automatically unzipped and extracted.
- X.509 digital certificate support for encryption and digital signatures.
- Available encryption methods include: AES (128-, 192-, and 256-bit), 3DES (168-bit),SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.
- Decryption methods include: AES (128-, 192-, and 256-bit), 3DES (112- and 168-bit), DES (56-bit), RC2 (40-, 60-, and 128-bit), and RC4 (40-, 60-, and 128-bit).
- C/C++ object interface, combining easy integration with high performance.
- .NET interface
- Compliant with the industry-standard Application Note, which defines the .ZIP file format used by millions of people worldwide. Multithread-enabled.
- UTF-8 International File Name Storage
- Support Wavpack extraction
- Uses FIPs validated libraries
SecureZIP Enterprise Toolkit for Windows features include:
- Support for OpenPGP encryption format
- Timestamp digital signatures for .ZIP files