NoSQL Senior Developer
Location: Milwaukee or Remote
- Assist Development Teams in designing, modeling, and validating NoSQL solutions for their applications.
- Troubleshoot Spark Jobs and do performance tuning in production environments.
- Design, implement, maintain, and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture as required
- Independently develop and sustain technical knowledge, certifications, and skills.
- Effectively multi-task handling day-to-day assignments given moderate directions and supervision.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- Previous working experience as a NoSQL Developer for 4-5 years.
- Proficient with Java, Spark, and Scala.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl etc.
- Deep understanding of NoSQL databases (MongoDB/Cassandra/Couchbase) including data storage, data modeling, and data access patterns.
- Hands-on experience on Spark framework and other distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop Map-Reduce, Storm etc.
- Hands-on experience with Linux system administration.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with distributed teams.
- Analytical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
PKWARE, Inc. is . . .
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know . . .
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.