Vice President of Sales
Location: Milwaukee, WI/Remote
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for managing and leading the new sales business, execution of sales plans and initiatives globally for PKWARE. The position will be responsible for driving continued revenue growth, and meeting or exceeding revenue plan and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Management:
- Manage the execution of each sales opportunity in accordance with PKWARE’s customer-focused sales process, including: opportunity plans; customer needs assessment; customer correspondence; meeting and conference reports; weekly opportunity reviews; tailored presentations and demonstrations; solution proposals; term sheets; and contract negotiation.
- Day-to-day management of active sales cycles in accordance with the PKWARE sales process.
- Responsible for the development and performance of all new business sales activities, sales forecasts and achieving revenue targets globally.
- In conjunction with the Chief Revenue Office, build, develop, and maintain an effective sales team.
- Coaching and holding sales force accountable to reach performance goals.
- Develop strategy and sales plan for each opportunity, align and coordinate all resources to execute the sales plan and progress the opportunity to closure.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of sales models, pricing and margin sustainability.
- Develop documents and enforce sales policies, standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the sales organization and enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Individual Contributions:
- Work cross-functionally with PKWARE Executive Management and Directors to deliver on aggressive growth expectations.
- Participate in the lead generation and qualification methodologies (MEDDICC). Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline that drives sales activities, ensuring that revenue goals are exceeded.
- Lead complex sales negotiations and customer presentations. Manage the customer sales cycle and close deals.
- Work with marketing to oversee the continued use of sales technology including SalesForce.com and Marketo.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Lead new growth strategies and participate in the development of short and long term opportunities.
- Responsible for the building of a world class team; acquisition, development and retention of software sales talent.
- The Vice President of Sales may directly manage very large, high-profile customer accounts, as appropriate.
- TRAVEL: Up to 50%
To ensure success in this role, it is imperative the candidate possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Proven track record in building, managing, and growing an Enterprise sales team.
- Minimum of 3 years info security/cybersecurity sales experience.
- Minimum of 10 years senior sales management experience, selling enterprise software solutions.
- Must possess expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning, and execution.
- A proven sales driver with experience consistently exceeding revenue growth and objectives; Consistently achieve/exceed sales goals and increase deal size.
- Must possess expertise in the management of the sales process and methodology (MEDDICC), including sales forecasting and ability to define and monitor critical sales pipeline indicators.
- Must be process-oriented and be able to track and monitor key performance indicators.
- Analytical individual who has experience creating and implementing sales strategy and sales plans.
- “A team player” who works effectively with management and staff at all organizational levels. Assertive personality, who is willing to engage C-Level Executives and other managers.
- Proven leadership and ability to manage and motivate sales teams.
- Successful track record in high growth companies and building teams for scale.
- Ability to create and present proposals and concepts to new and existing clients.
- Excellent leadership skills in a cross-functional, multi-cultural, team-based environment, with the ability to effectively communicate, influence, and motivate at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
The successful candidate will possess the highest level of the following business and personal attributes:
- Mastery in the software technology solution space, with experience in managing and direct enterprise sales representatives
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain systems and processes
- Results orientation with a high level of energy, persistence, discipline, and desire to do whatever it takes to win
- Strategic planning and tactical execution
- Proven ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with C-level, senior business IT executives and business unit heads
- Strong teaming skills in a matrixed environment
- Good working knowledge of enterprise data center infrastructure, i.e., familiarity with information tech platforms and infrastructure
- Organized, with well developed verbal, written, telephone and presentation skills to all levels
- Ability to coach and mentor employees, holding them accountable to processes, procedures, and goals
- Budgeting and forecasting.
PKWARE, Inc. is…
More than two decades ago, PKWARE revolutionized data compression with the invention of the ZIP standard. Today, through continuous innovation and development, PKWARE has become the only complete system for reducing, securing, moving and storing data across the extended enterprise, both internally and externally, from mainframes to servers to desktops and into the cloud. Used by more than 30,000 corporate entities and over 200 government agencies, PKWARE is the industry standard for portability, ensuring data security and cross-platform computing. The PKWARE Solution is used billions of times a day to manage cost risks associated with data security breaches while avoiding increased storage costs with data reduction of up to 95% and improving service delivery. PKWARE is a privately held company based in Milwaukee, WI with additional offices in New York, Ohio and the United Kingdom.
And just so you know…
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.