Secure Enterprise Data while Reducing Costs
PKWARE is the only complete system for reducing, securing, moving and storing data across the extended enterprise, both internally and externally, from mainframes to servers to desktops and into the cloud.
Strong encryption for database fields
Protect Sensitive Datasets with Field Level Encryption
The field level encryption capabilities in SecureZIP protect data itself at a granular level, allowing companies to encrypt specific data elements like credit card or social security numbers.
SecureZIP allows organizations to encrypt specific sensitive fields without having to encrypt the entire database with field level, length and format preserving encryption for structured and unstructured data.
FLE Works How You Work
Simple encrypt/decrypt API access and language support for Java, C# for .NET, and C/C++ makes development easy and includes support for most structured database development environments. Field level encryption reduces the complexity of cryptographic operations through API level function calls that require only the data that needs to be encrypted and the associated keying information. The result is streamlined processing because original field length and type are preserved.
FLE Works With What You Have In Place
Commonly used security methods such as Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) only provide protection for data at rest. Field level encryption complements TDE and provides a (Database Management Systems) DBMS agnostic means for application developers to encrypt selected data. In the event that data moves to other platforms or environments, security is guaranteed. Additionally, administrators can back up databases without having visibility to the information itself.
Maintain length and format
Reduce Mainframe Encryption Costs
It goes without saying: sensitive data must be protected, but there are ways to reduce the cost of data security. For organizations that are faced with doing more with less, reducing data center costs is imperative. Many organizations use non-native encryption software to protect their mainframe data; however, even for large organizations, these solutions are costly to maintain in these economic times.
PKWARE helps companies lower mainframe encryption costs by using significantly less CPU than non-native, Java and USS-based encryption solutions.
- Reduce data center costs: Free up valuable CPU resources and avoid/delay CPU processor upgrades by leveraging a native encryption process built on a perpetual license model
- Improve service delivery: Avoid the cost of missing SLAs while enabling additional business processing and minimizing the risk of a data breach
- Increase profit: Reduce the total cost of encryption software and data center infrastructure costs while avoiding governance, risk and compliance costs
- Improve business results: Reduce data center software and capacity charge-backs while alleviating costs associated with missing SLAs
- Gain competitive advantage: Stand out from your competition by supporting multiple encryption formats and computing platforms and showing readiness for securely using the cloud
Success Story: Payment Processing Provider
As part of a cohesive enterprise strategy centered on data reduction and security, the Company consolidated three vendors to one. They calculated that the consolidation to the interoperable, multi-platform PKWARE solution will result in over $3 Million in savings compared to continuing to deploy point solutions. Read more.
Data exchange is a necessary part of doing business…but it doesn’t come without risk.
All enterprises need to transfer critical business data within the organization or to business partners, via private, hybrid or public clouds. However, the data must be kept secure in light of security threats and regulatory compliance mandates.
SecureZIP guards your enterprise’s reputation and helps avoid the costly implications of a security breach by adding extra security to any data transfer process. This minimizes the risk of a data breach by protecting data while in transit and at all endpoints in accordance with major compliance regulations, mandates, and security standards.
Protect Enterprise Data and Comply with Government Regulations
Federal Information Processing Standardization (FIPS) 140 requires all federal government agencies, and organizations that exchange sensitive information with those agencies, use cryptographic-based security systems to protect sensitive information. Federal agencies are required by OMB M-06-16 to only use FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption and extended enterprises are continuously scrutinized for compliance. WinZip® does not meet FIPS 140-2 requirements and leaves organizations at risk of failing an audit.
PKWARE helps organizations encrypt sensitive data in compliance with FIPS 140-2 requirements. PKWARE's own FIPS mode setting ensures only FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography is used and it avoids the need for setting disruptive operating system FIPS policy settings.
- Protect enterprise data: Secure files, file names and email message body across the extended enterprise regardless of security format or computing platform
- Enforce the use of security: Centrally manage security policy in the enterprise while ensuring access to all encrypted data
- Reduce complexity: Enable seamless user workflow and ensure access to encrypted data on mobile devices
- Reduce sensitive data exposure: Secure files using PKI encryption and validate digital signatures while preventing the recovery of sensitive temporary files that have been deleted
- Standardize the use of security: Enforce the use of encryption within the organization
- Improve service delivery: Deploy security technology in hours versus days
Success Story: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) needed to protect sensitive agency data exchanged with partners in order to comply with the regulatory requirements of OMB M-06-16 and FIPS 140-2. Data needed to be sent - and readily used - across a wide variety of technology platforms, applications and data formats. Existing methods of electronic transfer, tapes and CD storage presented immense administrative and logistical burdens as well as increased compliance and security risks. With PKWARE, CMS is now safeguarding medical data and patient records at the file level in accordance with FIPS standards, making it impregnable to anyone but authorized staff - whether the data is at rest or in transit among the numerous CMS partner organizations.