Note that this California Privacy Addendum does not apply employment-related personal information collected from our California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals. Please contact your local human resources department if you are a California employee and would like additional information about how we process your Personal Information.
Where noted, this California Privacy Addendum also does not apply to personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication ("B2B Personal Information"). Unless otherwise noted, this exemption will expire on January 1, 2021.
Information We Will Collect
Our Site and Services collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, PKWARE’s Site and Services collect, and over the prior twelve (12) months have collected, the following categories of personal information from our consumers:
|Category||Applicable Pieces of Personal Information Collected|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||"A name, electronic signature, address, telephone number, and credit card or debit card number (collected by our third party payment processor for payment processing). Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories."|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Use of Personal Information
PKWARE will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sources of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
PKWARE may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights). When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, PKWARE has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the listed categories of third parties:
- A. Identifiers: Categories of Third Parties: Service Providers, affiliates, parents, and subsidiary organizations of PKWARE, internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics and behavioral advertising services.
- B. California Customer Records personal information categories: Categories of Third Parties: Service Providers, affiliates.
- D. Commercial information: Categories of Third Parties: Service Providers.
- F. Internet or other similar network activity: Categories of Third Parties: Service Providers, Internet cookie information recipients, such as analytics and behavioral advertising services.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, PKWARE has "sold" the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration:
- A. Identifiers: Categories of Third Parties: advertisers and advertising networks, internet cookie information recipients.
- B. Internet or other similar network activity: Categories of Third Parties: advertisers and advertising networks, internet cookie information recipients.
We do not knowingly sell the personal data of minors under the age of 16 for monetary or other valuable consideration without affirmative authorization.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. You may exercise these rights yourself or through your authorized agent.
You may authorize your agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf by registering your agent with the California Secretary of State. You may also provide your authorized agent with power of attorney to exercise your rights. If you authorize an agent, we may require that your agent provide proof that they have been authorized exercise your rights on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent submit proof of identity We may deny a request from your agent to exercise your rights on your behalf if they fail to submit adequate proof of identity or adequate proof that they have the authority to exercise your rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that PKWARE disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request). We will not disclose your social security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, or your account password or security question or answers. We will also not provide this information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to your personal information, your account with PKWARE, or the security of our systems or networks.
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that PKWARE delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Contacting us by phone: 414.289.9788
- Contacting us through postal mail: PKWARE; 201 E. Pittsburgh Avenue, Suite 400; Milwaukee, WI 53204
Only you, or your agent that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child with proof that you are the child’s parent or guardian. To designate an authorized agent, see above. We may request additional information so we may confirm a request to delete your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within ten (10) days of its receipt. We will generally process these requests within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights Regarding the "Sale" of Your Personal Information
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may adjust your cookie preferences by reading this page:
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. You may be required to provide us with additional contact information so that we may verify your request to opt-in to the sale of your personal information. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently do not offer any financial incentives.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Sites that are California residents and who provide personal information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We currently do not disclose any personal information to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes and therefore have no obligation to provide further information if you make such a request.
PKWARE reserves the right to amend this California Privacy Addendum at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this California Privacy Addendum, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- << Prev