Smart Encryption Software – SecureZIP for Windows Desktop
SecureZIP for Windows Desktop combines ZIP compression and strong crypto to deliver a Smart Encryption security solution. It allows IT administrators to enforce security policies and ensure data availability to your organization. It helps address your daily data security challenges, including protecting sensitive data, meeting compliance requirements and reducing overall costs and operational overhead. *Note, SecureZIP is no longer supported on Windows XP.
SecureZIP for Windows Desktop Standard features
- Secure files anywhere: Files remain secure no matter where they are stored—on hard drives, CDs or DVDs, flash drives, or even online/cloud storage services.
- Integration with Microsoft Office through SaveSecure® Simply select “Save as SecureZIP File” to compress, encrypt and save directly from Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Send & receive secure emails and attachments: Integration with Microsoft Outlook enables emails and attachments to be automatically encrypted. Ensure emails and attachments are only accessed by their intended recipient(s); if needed, encrypted emails can be forwarded without the need to download and re-save files.
- Extend security to mobile devices: SecureZIP Reader extends the strong security and enterprise benefits of SecureZIP to mobile devices. It gives users a seamless workflow on mobile devices while allowing IT Administrators to enforce policy and respond to an audit by having access to encrypted data sent to mobile devices.
- Encrypts files with passphrases, PKI, or both: Supports passphrase- and digital certificate-based encryption. Encrypt files using X.509 digital certificates issued from recognized certificate authorities such as Comodo®, Verisign®, Entrust®, Microsoft® and OpenPGP keys.
- OpenPGP support: Easily share data with business partners regardless of the partners’ data security preference or computing platform.
- Compresses files in multiple formats: Compress files in several archive formats, including ZIP, TAR, BZ2, GZIP, UUEncode, XXEncode, Jar, OpenPGP, TAR BZIP2, and TAR GZIP.
- Operates across all major enterprise computing platforms: Delivers cross-platform compatibility across desktop, server, midrange, and mainframe environments.
- Large file compression and encryption: Compress and encrypt files that are larger than 9 exabytes.
- Ensures data integrity: Digital signatures ensure file consistency and proper recipients.
- Self-extracting files: Users can create PKSFX® self-extracting ZIP files (for internal use only).
- Encrypt file names: Names of files in a SecureZIP archive cannot be read until the archive is decrypted.
- Lossless compression: SecureZIP uses lossless compression so no original data is lost when a file is zipped.
- Supports smart cards/tokens: Support for smart cards and tokens applies an additional layer of user data protection by storing private decryption key on a small portable device.
- Supports HSMs: Access private keys for security operations that are securely stored in leading hardware security modules(HSM),
- Automatic file wiping: SecureZIP can be configured to overwrite deleted files, up to seven times, in accordance with NSA specifications to ensure deleted information cannot later be recovered.
SecureZIP for Windows Desktop Enterprise features
Includes all Standard edition features, plus...
- Maintains control of data: Contingency key function allows administrators to access any data processed within the desktop environment.
- Enforces organizational security policies: The Policy Manager function enables administrators to enforce security policies according to organizational requirements and best practices.
- Automatically locate, retrieve & use certificates stored in common directories: LDAP directory support automatically locates, retrieves, and uses certificates stored in common directories such as Sun® iPlanet, Novell Netware® and Microsoft Active Directory®.