This case study of a Global 500 financial services company is based on a December 2020 survey of PKWARE customers by TechValidate, a third-party research service. The profiled company asked to have their name blinded to protect their confidentiality.
The cybersecurity needs that most influenced their decision to use PKWARE solutions:
- Custom data masking
The compliance measures that most influenced their decision to use PKWARE solutions:
- PCI / DSS
- CCPA / CPRA
PKWARE provided a masking tool which was needed from security and compliance perspective. Consistent masking was one of the great feature which PKWARE has provided to us. It not only eases the process but keep our users consistent from data point of view.
Global 500 Financial Services Co.
This company increased data security by >90% since implementing PKWARE technology.
The following data types are protected with PKWARE:
- Credit card and financial information
- Personal data (SSNs, race, religion, minors, etc.)
Data uncovered by PKWARE’s data discovery is protected with:
- Masking (redaction, de-identification, etc.)
PKWARE functionality for data security is used with these additional use cases:
- Data protection (masking or encryption)
The company experienced these immediate benefits following the deployment of PKWARE:
- Located and classified sensitive data
- Met audit and compliance requirements
- Eliminated fines and fees associated with breaches
- Improved the efficiency of a business process
- Improved protection of PI/PII
- Increased data security by >90% since implementing PKWARE technology
- Saved up to >90% of time by moving from manually applied protection to PKWARE’s automated discovery and protection solution