Senior Cloud Architect
Location: Milwaukee or Remote
About the Role
The Senior Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of technology frameworks and providing technical leadership in support of PKWARE’s initiatives in cloud-based data discovery, masking, protection and other forms of remediation with a focus on the design and deployment of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, 10 or more years’ experience in designing large and complex commercial software applications targeting enterprise customers. The position requires strong leadership and team building skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals.
Design and Development (75%)
- Write Code
- Act as a subject matter expert to the organization for end-to-end cloud architecture, including AWS, Azure, Google and future providers
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns as a basis for writing commercial software meant to integrate with popular cloud services.
- Develop solution architecture and evaluate alternatives for customer-designed private, public and hybrid cloud models including IaaS and PaaS.
- Work in close coordination with product management, professional services and technical support to develop business requirement specifications and technical design
- Contribute to DevOps activities
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of high-profile customer issues
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained
Thought Leadership and Team Mentoring (25%)
- Maintain industry knowledge on trends and technology
- Evangelize the long-term technical strategy with the rest of the architecture and engineers teams
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Conduct product work reviews with team members
Requirements and Skills
- BS in computer science, software engineering or related field
- 10 years of experience building commercial software products
- 5 years of experience in the design and architecture or cloud-based products
- 5 years of experience building software security products
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience with AWS, Azure and Google
- Knowledge of all components of technical architecture
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
PKWARE, Inc. is . . .
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know . . .
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.