Technical Support Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, WI or Remote
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to be part of our Technical Support team. This role is an integral part of our technical support team that works closely with our customers to provide technical support and resolve issues. This position ties into DevOps to build on-demand infrastructure to simulate various client environments.
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Provide high-quality product support for Dataguise’s customers.
- Work with customers to resolve product issues.
- Escalate customer’s product issues to management and work with the engineering team to resolve issues.
- Responsible to develop content solutions to troubleshoot the issues.
- Contribute to troubleshooting guide, knowledge base, etc.
- Install and maintain hardware and software to meet client requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales/Customer Success/PS teams to deliver and provide support accordingly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Min 5 – 8 years of experience working with Enterprise software products.
- Min 3-5 years of technical support with L2/L3 level support OR 2-3 years of experience as a core Developer
- Familiarity with Enterprise middleware software.
- Have some comfort level with Java/JVM based web applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Windows, and Linux Operating systems.
- Experience working with Databases, Data warehouses, and complex software environments.
- Experience working with product deployments on Cloud platform (eg: AWS, Azure, GCS)
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Proactive and capable of grasping new technologies quickly
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated, and work individually or as a member of a team
- Ability to gain internal support and establish a solid working relationship with peers and management
- Has an active interest in programming with hands-on experience on one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Experience working with Hadoop technologies, Cloud and SAAS applications is a plus
Organizations are challenged to make productive use of their enterprise data without compromising sensitive information such as PII, PCI, and personal health information. Dataguise a PKWare company, meets this need with an enterprise solution for risk-based sensitive data protection across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data repositories covering databases, collaboration suite, and Hadoop. Dataguise helps organizations understand where their sensitive data resides and implements high-performance Masking on Demand™ to transparently protect data. It provides centralized policy control and actionable intelligence enabling information security, compliance, and infrastructure managers to work collaboratively to understand shared responsibilities for protecting sensitive data. The results are better data risk management, increased operational efficiencies, and reduced regulatory compliance costs.
PKWARE, Inc., is…
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know…
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.