Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all major aspects of the Company’s financial systems and processes to support the achievement of the Company’s financial targets and strategic growth initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in Closing the books (monthly); providing financial reporting to internal management team, Board of Directors, auditors, and banks/third party lenders; and reporting financial status and trends of the business.
- Ensuring effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP (and IFRS for foreign entities) and applicable international, federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Assisting in coordinating the annual budget planning process for all aspects of the Company.
- Coordination, communication, and overall responsibility for the annual Audit process.
- Coordination, communication, and overall responsibility for the credit, billing and collection function.
- Participating in due diligence for acquisitions.
- Integration of financial and administrative functions for acquired companies (financial systems, reporting, processes & controls and other synergies).
- Interpret operating results as they affect financial aspects of the business and recommend measures to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Evaluates employee performance levels of direct reports and provides training, coaching and mentoring to close any performance gaps.
To ensure success in this role, it is imperative the candidate possess the following experience and qualifications:
- 7+ years of finance and accounting experience with continually increasing responsibility.
- 3+ years of financial leadership role.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Strong background of financial reporting.
- Understanding of GAAP and experience in researching and implementing new standards.
- Knowledge of Financial & consolidation systems and processes.
- BA/BS Accounting, Finance or Financial Management.
In addition, the following qualifications are considered beneficial and important to the role:
- Public Accounting experience.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions, including integration of acquired businesses.
- Private Equity ownership.
- Experience in the software industry, including an understanding/implementation of ASC 606.
The successful candidate will possess the highest level of the following business and personal attributes:
- Impeccable integrity and business ethics.
- Strong motivation to achieve financial success.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong financial acumen with keen sense for detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to oversee and ensure delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Proactive and results oriented approach and style.
PKWARE, Inc. is…
More than two decades ago, PKWARE revolutionized data compression with the invention of the ZIP standard. Today, through continuous innovation and development, PKWARE has become the only complete system for reducing, securing, moving and storing data across the extended enterprise, both internally and externally, from mainframes to servers to desktops and into the cloud. Used by more than 30,000 corporate entities and over 200 government agencies, PKWARE is the industry standard for portability, ensuring data security and cross-platform computing. The PKWARE Solution is used billions of times a day to manage cost risks associated with data security breaches while avoiding increased storage costs with data reduction of up to 95% and improving service delivery. PKWARE is a privately held company based in Milwaukee, WI with additional offices in California, India, and the United Kingdom.
And just so you know…
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.