Location: Milwaukee or Remote
The ideal PKWARE DevOps Engineer has a blended background of experiences in software development and Window/Linux systems administration. We are looking to build, maintain and advance the overall delivery experience between the different engineering teams within PKWARE. A fast, tight feedback loop for the engineering teams is vital for the success of the company. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part developer, and part operations, with a mindset to automate everything. Your job is to champion continuous integration and ensure smooth and quality delivery of software systems for our engineering teams. You will be working closely with the different engineering organizations in the delivery pipeline to build a collaborative atmosphere between organizational teams that focus on application development, quality engineering and continuous integration.
Someone who is not afraid to question the existing process and someone always seeking new solutions and a desire to learn new technologies is desirable for this position. You will participate in gathering requirements from various engineering leads, work with engineers on the various teams understanding existing build infrastructure and translate all the inputs into reliable on-premises and cloud-based automated infrastructure systems. You should have knowledge and experience with cloud orchestration systems such as GitHub Actions and Azure DevOps, configuration management, and CI/CD systems in a production environment.
- Listen – Engineering teams needs to work with someone who can listen and understand the project(s) plans, you will be their best friend.
- Plan – As projects are migrating technology or being transformed, you need to develop a plan to meet the needs for each project to be successful.
- Design – Using technology and systems available at PKWARE, you will design scripts and process to produce reliable systems meeting the requirements for each team.
- Collaborate – You will work closely with other automation engineers, quality engineers, engineering managers and security specialists to create environments for Dev/Test.
- Champion – You will be the hear and soul of automation using cloud orchestration, configuration management, and CI/CD systems.
- Monitor – You will help provide alerts/technology to assist monitoring across cloud and on-premise environments.
- Build – You will help build adaptive and scalable containerized, repeatable templates and processes on application infrastructure systems.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years of production experience with full software development lifecycle in a team environment.
- 3+ years of production experience with Linux system administration (RedHat / CentOS preferred) and/or application development.
- 3+ years of transforming manual build processes into automated CI/CD systems.
- 3+ years of Python, Ruby, Perl or Gradle.
- 3+ years of production experience with configuration management systems like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Chocolatey, Salt or StackStorm (preferrably some experience with Ansible)
- 3+ years of production experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines in systems like Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, Bamboo, or Concourse, Jenkins preferred.
- 1+ years of production experience with Dockerizing application runtimes and hosting in on premise datacenters or in the cloud.
PKWARE, Inc. is . . .
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know . . .
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.