Hadoop Senior Developer
- Design, implement and validate Hadoop solutions.
- Troubleshoot MapReduce/Spark Jobs and do performance tuning in production environments.
- Independently develop and sustain technical knowledge, certifications, and skills.
- Effectively handling day-to-day assignments given moderate directions and supervision.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- Previous working experience as a Hadoop Developer for 4-5 years.
- Proficient with Java and Scala.
- Hands-on experience on Spark framework and other distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop Map-Reduce, Hive etc.
- Good to have working experience with one of the cloud platforms like AWS (Amazon Web Services), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of network authentication protocols like Kerberos is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Linux system administration.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with distributed teams.
- Analytical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
PKWARE, Inc., is…
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know…
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.