Senior UX Designer
PKWARE is looking for a Senior UX Designer with an eye for innovation and a passion for human-centered design. You consider yourself the true advocate for the end user and use that perspective to work closely with Product Management, Marketing, and Technical Development team members to conceptualize and solve problems for the PKWARE suite of products and services.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and Technical Development team members to understand the business needs and requirements of our products
- Use standard user research methods to gain insights, uncover needs and identify opportunities for enhancing the overall experience of our products
- Conduct usability studies on current and future designs to gain a holistic understanding of the experience ecosystem our products live in and where we are falling short of user expectations
- Use both qualitative & quantitative insights to create impactful experiences in our products
- Conduct internal product as well as competitor analysis
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, and Technical Development team members to deliver best in class user experiences across all our products
- Use the data found in your research to craft UX artifacts that communicate solutions in the sweet spot of business need, user expectation and technical feasibility (wireframes, flow diagrams, blueprints, storyboards, mockups, low to high fidelity prototypes, etc.)
- Elevate our brand through high-quality user interface design
- Craft, enhance and revise product designs and experiences based on stakeholder interviews, user feedback, usability sessions, technical input, and business decisions
- Contribute and participate in knowledge sharing and the development of best practices, to further expand the UX practice at PKWARE
- Be a UX advocate and represent the UX design methods, standards, and best practices both inside and outside PKWARE
- Use design thinking, creativity, and problem solving to contribute to and drive the overall success of our products
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience in creating, using, and maintaining design systems
- High level of experience in user research
- 6+ years of professional UX design experience
- A robust portfolio that shows your proficiency of the design process from end-to-end (e.g., research, design, usability, refinement, etc.)
- Experience working on multiple projects at once and an ability to prioritize work
- Experience leveraging user research, and any other data on hand to make informed design and experience decisions
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Product Management, Marketing, and Technical Development team members
- Experience interviewing stakeholders and customers throughout the design process
- Proficiency of UX process and usability design principles
- Proficiency with design tools and an ability to learn new tools if necessary
- Familiarity with current trends in user experience, user interface, and visual design
PKWARE, Inc. is…
PKWARE offers the only data discovery and protection solution that locates and secures sensitive data to minimize organizational risks and costs, regardless of device or environment. Our ultra-efficient, scalable software is simple to use on a broad range of data types and repositories, enabling precise, automated visibility and control of personal data, even in the fastest-moving, most complex IT environments. With more than 1,200 customers, including many of the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, healthcare organizations, and government agencies, PKWARE continues to innovate as an award-winning global leader in data discovery, security, and compliance. To learn more, visit PKWARE.com.
And just so you know…
PKWARE is located in Milwaukee, WI, and offers a competitive compensation including company paid parking and a jeans-friendly environment.
PKWARE provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any reserve component of the federal or state military forces, age, non-relevant arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the company’s premises during non-working hours, or other characteristic protected by law.