SecureZIP for Command Line Interface – Smart Encryption CLI software
SecureZIP for Command Line Interface merges strong encryption with interoperability for data on and shared from CLI environments. Following PKWARE's Smart Encryption approach, this version of SecureZIP provides workable encryption of protection of data no matter where it is shared, stored or accessed.
SecureZIP for Command Line Interface features include
- Incorporates ad hoc batch processing into desktop environment: SecureZIP for CLI automatically creates ZIP files from the command prompt, and batch (.BAT) files and script languages, without requiring additional user interaction. SecureZIP can also create encrypted ZIP files, adding data security to ad hoc batch processing.
- Offers easy-to-use encryption and decryption: The software enables encryption of files with a passphrase or digital certificate (AES or 3DES), keeping unauthorized users from opening your files. Using a digital certificate eliminates the need to remember a password and provides additional security by eliminating the possibility of someone guessing your password.
- Saves on storage space: SecureZIP for CLI seamlessly compresses files by up to 95%, conserving storage space and costs, and increasing efficiency.
- Compresses and decompresses in multiple formats: Files can be compressed in several archive formats, including ZIP, TAR, BZ2, GZIP, UUEncode, XXEncode, PPMd, LZMA, Jar, TAR BZIP2, TAR GZIP, and OpenPGP. Open (decompress) ZIP files, as well as TAR, JAR, BZ2, RAR, GZIP, CAB, LZH, PPMd, LZMA, Z-UNIX, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR BZIP2, TAR GZIP, and OpenPGP.
- Ensures data integrity: SecureZIP for CLI supports digital signatures (SHA-2, MD5) and time-stamping to make sure data hasn't been altered or accessed unexpectedly. A file with your digital signature verifies it has not been altered.
- Modes for government FIPS compliance requirements: An encryption mode in SecureZIP covers FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) compliance benchmarks for sharing with government clients and agencies.
- Supports split/spanned archives: Split large files into multiple sections for storage on portable media with limited size capacity.
- Error reports for attended or unattended operations: The software reports errors either to the standard Windows Event Log or through SNMP (Simplified Network Message Protocol) integration with leading data center management applications.
- Cross platform data portability: SecureZIP for Command Line Interface creates archives that can be extracted on all major computing platforms, including Windows desktop and server, UNIX/Linux servers, IBM i and z/OS.